Love the delicious flavor of a hot chai latte? You are going to love these fun hot chai latte bombs! They are like a chocolate covered chai! Let me show you how to make these easy chai bombs.
I have a huge chai latte fan! In fact, I have quite a few chai recipes on my site already! These chai latte bombs are something totally new though – and I love them!
Chai Latte Bombs offer a trendy and delicious twist on traditional chai lattes. They’re made with chocolate spheres that are filled with a mixture of ingredients that, once combined with hot milk in a mug, dissolves into an irresistible and decadent chai latte drink.
Apart from being eye catching, these delicious chai latte bombs are also a convenient and easy way to enjoy the spicy, comforting taste of a chai latte without the need for complicated brewing equipment or messy tea bags!
What are Chai Latte Bombs?
A chai latte bomb is a chocolate sphere that is filled with chai tea latte concentrate, hot chocolate mix, sprinkles and mini marshmallows. Once assembled, one bomb is added to a mug with hot milk poured over, dissolving the chocolate sphere and releasing the ingredients inside the bomb.
Simply stir to combine everything and end up with one delicious mug of chocolatey chai latte!
Chai Latte Bomb Ingredients
- Chocolate Candy Melts
- Hot Chocolate Mix
- Mini Marshmallows
- Starbucks-Colored Sprinkles Mix, optional
- TAZO Chai Tea Latte Concentrate
- White Chocolate Candy Melts
Candy melts – You will need regular chocolate and white chocolate candy melts for these bombs. The regular chocolate form the shell and the white chocolate is used on top as decoration. You can find candy melts in the baking aisle of most grocery stores.
Hot chocolate mix – Grab a box of the packets or a container of it to use. Hot chocolate mix doesn’t last long in our house!
Sprinkles – These are optional, but oh so cute on top of the chai bombs!
Chai latte concentrate – You can purchase pre-made chai concentrate, or if you are chai lover, make your own! Use my chai spice mix to make a homemade chai concentrate.
How to Make Chai Latte Bombs
Step 1: Melt the Chocolate
Melt the chocolate candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl as per package instructions.
Step 2: Form the Bombs
Pour about a tablespoon of chocolate into the mold and use the back of a spoon to coat the mold with the chocolate. You want to make sure to cover the entire half circle with an even thickness. Repeat this for 12 half circles.
Place the molds in the freezer for 5 minutes to help them harden. Remove them from the freezer and gently peel the silicone molds away, leaving empty chocolate circles behind.
Step 3: Add the Inner Ingredients
Place a tablespoon of hot chocolate mix and a tablespoon of chai tea concentrate in 6 of the half circles. Allowing the tea concentrate to soak for 2-3 minutes in the hot chocolate mix will prevent the marshmallows from melting when making contact with the tea concentrate.
Top the mixture with sprinkles and 6-8 mini marshmallows per half mold.
Step 4: Seal the Bombs
Warm a microwave-safe plate in the microwave so it’s warm to the touch but not extremely hot. Take an empty sphere and press it lightly on the plate to melt the chocolate slightly. Then place the empty sphere over the filled sphere and run your finger along the seam to seal them with the warm chocolate.
Extra chocolate can be melted and used to seal any holes in the seams that join the two sphere halves.
Step 5: Decorate the Bombs
Melt the white chocolate candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl as per package instructions.
Add the melted chocolate into a piping bag or use a fork to drizzle the white chocolate over the chai latte bombs, adding sprinkles on top while the chocolate is still slightly wet.
Place the bombs in the freezer for 5 minutes to help them harden. Remove and store in an airtight container until ready to use.
Step 5: Serve and Enjoy!
Place one chai latte bomb in your mug and pour 2 cups of hot milk over the top. Stir until all of the ingredients are combined.
Can I Make These With Coffee?
You sure can! Making these latte bombs with coffee instead of tea will create delicious coffee latte bombs! You can follow my recipe for coffee bombs here.
Do These Taste Like A Chai Latte?
Yes, I’ve specifically created these chai latte bombs to taste like chai latte when dissolved in hot milk. The spices found in the chai tea concentrate infuse into the rest of the ingredients and hot milk, creating a creamy, aromatic, and flavorful drink that is similar to a traditional chai latte.
How Do I Make A Chai Latte Without The Bombs?
Making a homemade chai latte is super easy! You can use my homemade chai mix and to make a regular chai or make an iced chai version.
Alternatively, you could combine boiling water with commercial chai latte mix and milk.
Other Chai Latte Recipes To Try
How To Store
These chai latte bombs can be stored in an airtight container such as Tupperware or a Ziploc bag in a cool and dry area for up to 2 weeks.
I also recommend placing these chai latte bombs in cupcake liners in storage so that they don’t roll around.
Can I Freeze Them?
Definitely! These chai latte bombs can be frozen for up to 2 months when stored properly. It’s normal for chocolate to ‘bloom’ (the discoloration of chocolate) the longer it’s stored in the freezer.
Chai latte bombs
Love chai? Try these chocolate chai latte bombs for a fun latte in the morning!
- 2 cups Chocolate Candy Melts
- 2 cups Hot Chocolate Mix
- 2 cups Mini Marshmallows (I used green ones)
- ¼ cup Starbucks-Colored Sprinkles Mix (I used: https://www.etsy.com/listing/851290658/frappucino-coffee-lover-inspired)
- 1 cup TAZO Chai Tea Latte Concentrate
- ½ cup White Chocolate Candy Melts
- Place chocolate candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave per the directions on the package.
- Place 1 tbsp melted candy melt into one half of a bomb mold and, using the bottom of your tablespoon measuring spoon, press the chocolate up the sides of the mold, keeping it thick but even. Repeat with 12 bomb mold halves.
- Place the chocolate filled bomb molds into the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Remove molds from the freezer and gently peel the silicone mold away from the chocolate cups.
- Fill 6 of the molds with 1 tbsp hot chocolate mix and 1 tbsp chai tea. Allow the tea to soak into the hot chocolate mix in order to help the marshmallows from melting from contact with the tea. This should take 2-3 minutes.
- Add some sprinkles and 6-8 mini marshmallows on top of the tea/cocoa mixture.
- Heat a plate or a flat-bottom bowl in the microwave until the surface of the plate is warm to the touch.
- Press one of the empty chocolate bomb halves open-side-down onto the flat portion of the warm plate for about 10 seconds. This will gently melt the rim of the chocolate cup.
- Immediately press this warmed edge chocolate cup to the top of one of the filled cups. This will join the two halves of the hot cocoa bomb. If desired, add more of the chocolate melts to help shore-up that joint.
- Place white chocolate candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave per the directions on the package.
- Using a piping bag or a fork, drizzle the white candy melts over the assembled hot cocoa bombs then immediately follow by adding a more sprinkles on top.
- Place the hot cocoa bombs into the freezer for 5 minutes to get them to set, then remove and store in an airtight container until you’re ready to use.
- To use the hot cocoa bombs, place them in a mug and pour 2 cups hot
milk over the top. Stir until the hot cocoa bombs are completely melted
This is the mold I used - https://amzn.to/3J6gQKd
Other Coffeehouse Recipes To Try
- Copycat Starbucks Iced Mocha
- Starbucks Frappuccino Copycat
- Starbucks Maple Pecan Latte
- Starbucks Zebra Hot Chocolate
- Easy Crock Pot Chicken Tacos - May 4, 2023
- Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino - May 1, 2023
- Easy Churro Bars - April 24, 2023
Sheila K. says
Oh MY, it looks great! Can’t wait to cook em this Sunday!
I hope you love them!