This copycat cheese danish will quickly become your new favorite breakfast!
Hey yall. I have a little bit of a secret to share. I love Starbucks. That’s no secret really. The big secret is that I am obsessed with their cheese danishes. I’d say about 80 percent of time I run by for a cup of coffee, I’ll grab a cheese danish. Gah. They are my favorite. So flaky and warm. And full of cream cheese goodness. It’s hard for me to NOT order one when I go.
As much as I love them I always feel a little bad for buying one because they seem so easy to make. So this past weekend I decided to try my hand at making them at home.
I was so excited when I nailed the recipe at home. It was perfectly flaky and full of cream cheese goodness. Just like the Starbucks version! But at home! Which means I can make them anytime and even in my pajamas! Yessss!
I wasn’t the only happy one in the house – Ryon helped eat more then his fair share of these cheese danishes. They were hard to resist. We each had a couple the afternoon I made them then polished them off the next morning. I may have burned my mouth on hot cream cheese because I couldn’t wait for it to cool for breakfast. (And when I say I “may” have burnt my mouth I mean I did – and it was worth it!)
Do you secretly love these cheese danishes from Starbucks as well? The good news is that it doesn’t have to be a secret anymore. The even better news is that it is SO easy to make these Starbucks copycat cheese danishes at home. (In your pajamas if you prefer.) Just be sure to let the cream cheese cool before biting into one of these bad boys!
- 1 package of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 package (8 oz) of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400 and line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking sheet.
- Unfold the puff pastry and slice it into small rectangles.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- While the pastries are cooking, whip together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Remove the pastries from the stove and use a spoon to press an oval into the center.
- Spoon a tablespoon into the oval and place back in the oven for 10 more minutes.
- Allow to cook until the edges of the pastry are golden brown.
- Remove, allow to cool and enjoy!
Like this recipe? Be sure to check out:
Like it? PIN IT!