This marinated chicken is covered in fresh veggies to make one heck of a dinner. Everyone will love this bruschetta chicken recipe and ask for more! Pair it with your favorite side and dinner is served.
I absolutely love garden fresh flavors so, when I discovered bruschetta chicken, it quickly became one of my favorite dishes. If you do the preparations the night before, It’s a quick and easy dish that’s great for nights when you are running low on time to make dinner. It’s also one of the only meals I make that my children don’t fight me about eating vegetables and that’s a mom win in my book!
What is bruschetta chicken?
Bruschetta chicken is a delicious Italian dish with all kinds of pops of flavor. The fresh vegetables mixed with the complimenting seasonings create a unique flavor for this chicken. Bruschetta was originally made to be put on bread but was found to be delicious on chicken and quickly became a popular dish. This chicken recipe is a great way to use up summer veggies!
Bruschetta chicken ingredients
There are a lot of different flavors and textures in the ingredients that go into this bruschetta chicken recipe. They all blend together wonderfully and create a very unique taste everyone will love. You may be a little less familiar with some of the ingredients, So let’s go over some of the less common ones.
- Chicken Breasts
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar– Balsamic vinegar is a vinegar made from unfermented grape juice. It can usually be found in the condiments aisle of your local grocery store.
- Minced Garlic– You can use fresh garlic you mince yourself or you can buy a jar of minced garlic. Either will work for this recipe.
- Red Onion
- Basil, shredded– For shredded basil, you will probably need to pick up some fresh basil from your local grocery store’s produce section.
- Lemon Juice
- Greek Seasoning – You can find Greek seasoning in the store or try homemade Italian seasoning instead!
How to make bruschetta chicken
Step 1: Pat chicken breasts until they are dry and place them in an airtight container.
Step 2: Pour in with the chicken breasts 3 Tablespoons of olive oil, all of the balsamic vinegar and 1 teaspoon of the minced garlic. You can also add Greek seasoning, if desired.
Step 3: Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Step 4: Allow chicken to sit out for about 10 minutes before proceeding with cooking.
Step 5: Place 2 Tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet that will fit your chicken breasts in over medium heat.
Step 6: Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook through, about 8 minutes per side, until an inserted thermometer reads 165F.
Step 7: While the chicken is cooking, prepare your bruschetta topping.
Step 8: In a medium-sized bowl, combine the tomato, onion, basil, salt, lemon juice and remaining garlic and olive oil. Stir to combine, then taste and adjust, as desired.
Step 9: When the chicken is done cooking, remove from the skillet to your serving plate and divide the bruschetta mixture overtop.
What type of chicken do I need?
You will need chicken breasts to make this bruschetta chicken dish. You need boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe. You can also use boneless, skinless chicken thighs or even chicken tenders in stead.
How many tomatoes do I need?
You will probably only need one tomato but you want approximately a 1/2 cup. If the tomato you have doesn’t make quite a 1/2 cup, you might have to add another tomato. If you like tomatoes as much as I do, a little extra tomato doesn’t hurt!
How long do I cook the chicken?
In a skillet, you are going to cook the chicken breast for about 8 minutes per side. The time will vary though, depending on whether or not the chicken is cooked thoroughly before or after the 8 minutes is up. You will want to adjust the time accordingly and check the chicken with a meat thermometer.
Can I make this in the Instant Pot?
You can! Cook the chicken breasts in your Instant Pot and make the bruschetta topping while they are cooking. This is an easy recipe for Instant Pot chicken breasts that you can follow.
Side dish recommendations
Every great main course needs complimentary side dishes and here are a couple of my favorites to complete your bruschetta chicken meal:
How to store leftovers
To store your leftover bruschetta chicken, you will want to remove any of the bruschetta topping you have already placed on the chicken. You will place the bruschetta in a small airtight container to place in the fridge. You will also place your chicken in another airtight container to also be placed in the fridge. The bruschetta topping will only last for a day or two but your chicken will last for about 5 to 7 days in the fridge.
Can I freeze it?
You can freeze your leftover bruschetta chicken but your best bet would be to freeze it separate from the vegetables. You will want to make the topping fresh when you decide to thaw it. If you attempt to freeze it with the toppings on the chicken already, when you warm it up, it will be mushy.
Bruschetta Chicken Recipe
How to make juicy bruschetta chicken.
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 6 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tomato, chopped (approximately 1/2 cup)
- 2-3 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1/4 cup Red Onion, minced (or more to taste)
- 1/4 cup Basil, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Greek Seasoning, optional
- Pat chicken breasts dry and place in a container with a lid.
- Pour in 3 Tablespoons of olive oil, all of the balsamic vinegar and 1 teaspoon of the minced garlic. You can also add Greek seasoning, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 30 minutes.
- Allow chicken to sit out for about 10 minutes before proceeding with cooking.
- Place 2 Tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook through, about 8 minutes per side, until an inserted thermometer reads 165F.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare your bruschetta topping. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the tomato, onion, basil, salt, lemon juice and remaining garlic and olive oil. Stir to combine, then taste and adjust, as desired.
- When the chicken is done cooking, remove from the skillet to your serving plate and divide the bruschetta mixture overtop.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 chicken breast + 1/4 topping
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 404Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 740mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 38g
Other easy chicken recipes to try
Need some other delicious chicken dinner ideas that your whole family will enjoy? We have you covered!
Did you love this bruschetta chicken recipe? I would appreciate if you left a review in the recipe card above or in the comments below. Want to try it later? Pin the image below!
- Easy Crock Pot Chicken Tacos - May 4, 2023
- Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino - May 1, 2023
- Easy Churro Bars - April 24, 2023
Leave a Reply