Summer is the time for all things outdoors, and that includes picnics! And there’s nothing more classic than packing up a few goodies and enjoying a meal in the park. These s’mores pops are the perfect addition to any picnic – they’re easy to make, portable, and everyone will love them!
We love s’mores at our house! From s’mores coffee to s’mores bread, we love the combination of chocolate, marshmallow and graham crackers! Even when it’s too hot to have a campfire and properly roast marshmallows, we will find a way to enjoy s’mores during the summer!
What are Smores Pops?
Smores Pops are a fun and easy way to enjoy the classic taste of S’mores without having to build a fire! These tasty treats are made by combining Smores ingredients – graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows – with popsicle sticks. You use melted chocolate, milk and marshmallow cream to create a fun frozen summer treat!
Layered S’more Pop Ingredients
We love these frozen s’mores pops because you only need a handful of common ingredients.
- Hershey chocolate bars– Chop your chocolate bars and divide them up.
- Heavy whipping cream– If you don’t have heavy whipping cream, you can make it. Mix 1/4 cup of melted butter with 3/4 cup whole milk to make 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Marshmallow crème– I used the 7 oz jar for this recipe, but you can make your own Marshmallow creme if you choose.
- Milk– Any milk will work. You can use whole, 2%, or dairy free milk.
- Graham crackers– Place the graham crackers in a ziplock bag and smash them with a spoon or meat tenderizer so that they are coarsely crushed and broken.
- Miniature marshmallows– You can’t have s’mores without marshmallows. Miniature ones work best for this recipe.
How to make S’mores Pops
This recipe is super easy to whip up, and just as delicious as making s’mores over the fire! Follow the steps below for a delicious treat.
Step 1: Chop the Chocolate
Chop your chocolate. Take 2 tablespoons of chopped chocolate out and put it in another bowl. Set it aside. Then, microwave the remaining chocolate for 1 minutes or until melted, stirring every 30-seconds.
Step 2: Beat Cream
Next, beat the heavy whipping cream with a mixer on high until soft peaks form.
Step 3: Add Marshmallow and Milk
Then add in the marshmallow crème and beat it for about 30 seconds. Add milk and blend until fully combined.
Step 4: Assemble the Cups
Set 8-10 dixie cups on a tray. Spoon 2 tsp crushed graham crackers into each cup. Then add 3 or 4 mini marshmallows, topped with about 2 tsp melted chocolate and 3 Tbsp whipped cream/ marshmallow mixture. Repeat all layers in each cup.
Step 5: Top with Chocolate
Top them with the remaining chopped chocolate and remaining crushed graham crackers. Insert popsicle sticks into the cups for a handle.
Step 6: Freeze the Pops
Finally, freeze the s’mores pops for 4 hours or until firm. To remove S’more pops, carefully tear off paper.
Serve and Enjoy!
How Many S’mores Pops Can I Make
The ingredients for this recipe can make 8-10 s’mores pops. If you want smaller pops, you could make more with smaller paper cups.
Can I Make S’mores Pops Ahead of Time?
Yes! S’mores Pops can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Or, you can make them and leave them in the freezer. Just make sure to wrap them tightly with plastic wrap, so they don’t get freezer burnt.
Can I Use Other Chocolate?
Yes, you can. I recommend using candy melts or chocolate chips that have been melted down. You can find these at most craft stores or online.
Other S’mores Recipes You’ll Love
Love a good s’mores treat? Check out some of our other favorites:
- 4 Hershey chocolate bars, chopped, divided
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 jar Marshmallow crème (7 oz.)
- ¼ cup milk
- 4 Graham crackers, coarsely crushed and broken
- ¾ cup Miniature marshmallows
- Take 2 Tbsp. chopped chocolate and set it aside. In a small bowl, microwave remaining chocolate for about 1 minute, or until melted, stirring every 30 sec. Once chocolate is completely melted, set aside.
- Beat whipping cream with a mixer on high until soft peaks form. Then add in marshmallow crème and beat for about 30 seconds. Add milk and blend until fully combined.
- Set dixie cups on a try and spoon 2 tsp crushed graham crackers into each cup. Then add 3 or 4 mini marshmallows, topped with about 2 tsp melted chocolate and 3 Tbsp whipped cream/ marshmallow mixture. Repeat all layers.
- Top with remaining chopped chocolate and remaining crushed graham crackers. Insert popsicle sticks into the cups for a handle.
- Freeze for 4 hours or until firm. To remove S’more pops, carefully tear off paper. Enjoy!
Other desserts to try
Still have a sweet craving? Here are some other great sweet treats to try: