We all know that coffee is a great way to start your day, but what if you could enjoy it throughout the day in a new way? These coffee popsicles are the perfect solution for when you want something cold and refreshing, but still want that delicious coffee flavor and pick-me-up.
Summer is the time for all things frozen and delicious, am I right? These coffee popsicles are perfect for a hot day – they’re refreshing and flavorful! Plus, they’re easy to make – you just need a few ingredients. I know you’ll love them because they’ve become my favorite summer treat.
What are Coffee Popsicles?
Coffee popsicles! What are they? Well, coffee popsicles are, simply put, coffee that has been frozen into popsicle form. The perfect summer treat/pick me up!
These frozen treats are made with coffee, cream, and sugar, and they’re the perfect way to cool down on a hot summer day. Coffee popsicles are becoming increasingly popular, and there are now many different flavors available. Whether you prefer a classic coffee flavor or something more adventurous, there’s sure to be a coffee popsicle style that’s right for you.
Coffee Popsicle Ingredients
You’ll only need four ingredients for these delicious treats. Here’s what you need:
- Coffee– I use cold brew coffee, but you can use any coffee that you prefer.
- Heavy cream– If you don’t have heavy cream, you can make your own. To make 1 cup of heavy cream, mix 2/3 cup of whole milk with 1/3 cup melted butter.
- Sugar– Use regular white sugar. I use 6 tablespoons, but you can use more or less depending on your preference.
You also need water to make the coffee before turning it into popsicles.
How to Make Coffee Popsicles
This recipe is quick and easy to whip up, but you’ll need to allow several hours for them to freeze in the freezer. Follow the steps below.
Step 1: Brew the Coffee
First, brew your coffee with the ground coffee and water. You can also brew it in your coffee pot if you choose.
Step 2: Add Sugar and Cream
Add 5 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 cup of heavy cream into the brewed coffee. Place coffee in the fridge to chill for 1-2 hours.
Step 3: Microwave the Cream
Microwave the remaining cream for 30-45 seconds. You want the cream to be warm but not hot. Stir in the remaining sugar. This will help dissolve the sugar to make the popsicles smooth and not gritty.
Step 4: Put Cream in Popsicle Mold
Next, add 1 ½ tablespoons of the warmed cream and sugar mixture to each popsicle mold. Divide the rest equally.
Step 5: Freeze the Cream
After you’ve divided the cream mixture, place the mold in the freezer for 1-2 hours until the cream mixture is frozen.
Step 6: Add Coffee Mixture
Once the cream mixture is frozen, pour chilled coffee over the cream to fill each slot. Add the top and place sticks in.
Step 7: Freeze Popsicles
Finally, place the popsicle molds in the freezer for 4-6 hours or until you have popsicles.
Remove and enjoy a cool boost of caffeine on a hot summer day.
Can you make popsicles out of coffee?
Yup! You sure can! Coffee pops are a great way to use up leftover coffee or even cold brew coffee. You can also use your favorite creamer instead of the heavy cream, making these popsicles even easier!
What Size Popsicle Mold Do I Need?
This recipe will make 10 regular sized popsicles. So, we used a 10-slot popsicle mold. You can make them bigger or smaller if you choose. This is the popsicle mold that we use and love.
How Do You Store Coffee Popsicles?
Once they’re frozen, coffee popsicles can be stored in the freezer for up to two months. However, they’re best eaten within a week or two of being made. You can store them right in the popsicle mold or place them in a plastic bag and seal it tight.
Do Coffee Popsicles Melt Quickly?
Yes, coffee popsicles melt quickly. So, if you’re planning on eating them outdoors on a hot day, be sure to keep them in a cooler or eat them quickly!
Does a coffee flavored popsicle have caffeine?
Yes! These coffee popsicles do have caffeine in them. You can change the level of caffeine by using different types of coffee. Want more caffeine in them? Use espresso. Want less? Try them with decaf!
More Popsicles to Try
Looking for more delicious popsicles to try? These are some of our favorites:
- Double Berry Popsicles
- Peach Ice Tea Popsicles
- Tropical Avocado Popsicles
- Chocolate Covered Banana Popsicles
- 1/2 cup of ground strong coffee
- 4 cups of water
- 1 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons of sugar
1. Brew coffee with ground coffee and water.
2. Add 5 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 cup of heavy cream into the brewed coffee. Place coffee in the fridge to chill for 1-2 hours.
3. Microwave the remaining cream for 30-45 seconds. You want the cream to be warm but not hot. Stir in the remaining sugar.
4. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons to each slot in the popsicle mold. Divvy remaining cream equally as needed. We use a 10-slot popsicle mold.
5. Place mold in the freezer for 1-2 hours until the cream is frozen.
6. Once frozen, pour chilled coffee over the cream to fill each slot. Add the top and place sticks in.
7. Freeze for 4-6 hours or until frozen.
8. Remove and enjoy a cool boost of caffeine on a hot summer day.
You can replace the fresh brewed coffee with cold brew.
Other coffee flavored treats to try
Love a good coffee flavored treat? Me too! Here are some others to try:
Did you make this recipe? I’d love for you to leave a review in the recipe card above or the comments below. Want to make it later? Pin the image below to your favorite dessert board. Either way – THANK YOU for the support!