Looking for an easy breakfast recipe that is sure to impressive? Try this giant Instant Pot pancake! It’s one big breakfast!
Imagine waking up early on a Saturday morning and being ready for breakfast. Now imagine filling your house with the smell of pancakes! Nothing beats it, right? What if it was pancakes that were very easy to make and were giant, so everybody in the family gets their own? That’s exactly what this recipe is all about!
What is a giant pancake?
A giant pancake is just like it sounds, it’s like a normal pancake but huge! These pancakes are ideal for a single serve and for adding all kinds of different types of toppings. Breakfast will never be the same again!
Ingredients need to make a giant pancake
This giant pancake recipe is super easy, it only needs two ingredients!
- 3 cups pancake mix
- 2 cups milk
Milk – You can use whatever kind of milk you would like but keep in mind the thickness of the milk will contribute to the thickness of the batter.
How to make recipe a giant pancake
Like I said above, this giant pancake recipe is super easy to make. Once you have gathered all your ingredients, you will also need to grab:
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Silicone spatula
- Spring form pan
- Instant Pot Trivet
- At least a 6 QT Instant Pot
Here’s what you do:
Step 1: In a mixing bowl, whisk together, milk and pancake mix until completely incorporated.
Step 2: Grease instant pot spring form pan. Pour pancake mixture into pan.
Step 3: Add 1 cup of water to instant pot and place trivet inside. Place the spring form pan on the trivet and close the lid. Seal the pressure release valve close.
Step 4: Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
Step 5: Manual release the pressure once finished cooking.
Step 6: Let pancake sit and cool prior to removing from spring form pan.
What do I need to make a giant pancake in the Instant Pot?
To make a giant pancake in the instant pot, you will need the spring form pan that fits in the instant pot. This is an aftermarket accessory that you can buy and it’s useful for all sorts of recipes. Here’s a link that explains a little more about it: instant pot accessories. You will also need a trivet to set the pan on when cooking.
How to make a giant pancake in the oven
Although this recipe is for making a giant pancake in the instant pot, it is possible to make a giant pancake in the oven! Here’s the recipe: Giant oven pancakes.
There are so many things that you can use as a topping on this giant pancake! It makes this delicious breakfast food not only something you can eat in the morning but almost as a dessert as well.
- Whipped cream- If you want to put whipped cream on top of your pancake, you can use regular whipped cream, homemade whipped cream or even the aerosol whipped cream that comes in a can. It all depends on your own personal preference.
- Fruit- Fruit and whipped cream are my favorite toppings on a pancake. Nothing beats a freshly sliced strawberry and maybe a few blueberries to round out my breakfast.
- Jelly- I remember growing up, my grandparents would put strawberry jam or jelly on their pancakes instead of syrup. You can use any flavor jelly and any brand that you prefer.
- Chocolate syrup- Remember when I said that some toppings can almost turn this delicious pancake into a dessert? Well this is what I was talking about! Adding chocolate syrup to your pancake well definitely satisfy your sweet tooth. You could even add chocolate chips to your pancake mix if you plan on putting chocolate syrup on it to really give it some chocolatey goodness.
- Classic syrup- You can’t go wrong with a classic syrup for your pancake! Syrup comes in many different flavors, like buttery, fruit flavors and your 100% maple. It all depends on your personal preference and how out of the ordinary you like to get with your breakfast.
Aside from a yummy breakfast, what’s a necessity every morning? Coffee of course! Here are some delicious drink recipes that will pair perfectly with your giant pancake.
How to store leftovers
If you want to store leftovers, you will either want to get a gallon size Ziploc bag or you will want to cut your pancake into small pieces that can fit either in a smaller Ziploc bag or in an airtight container. You’ll want to keep it in the fridge and for best results, you’ll want to store it before putting your toppings on. It will last in the refrigerator between 5 and 7 days.
Can I freeze it?
Yes you can! If you want to freeze your giant pancake, you will want to do so before adding any toppings to it. To keep it fresh, you will want to use a gallon sized freezer Ziploc bag to store it. You’ll want to use the gallon size because of the size of the pancake. If you’ve made more than one pancake, you can probably store up to three or four in one bag. These will keep in the freezer for about 3 months.
Other breakfast recipes to try
Looking for some other delicious breakfast ideas? Look no further! Here are some other delicious breakfast recipes that’ll have you excited to get up in the morning.
- 3 cups pancake mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup water for Instant Pot
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk together water and pancake mix until completely incorporated. Use my homemade pancake mix here.
2. Grease instant pot spring form pan. Pour pancake mixture into pan.
3. Add 1 cup of water to instant pot and place trivet inside. Place the spring form pan on the trivet and close the lid. Seal the pressure release valve close.
4. Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
5. Manual release the pressure once finished cooking.
6. Let pancake sit and cool prior to removing from spring form pan.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 433Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 1207mgCarbohydrates: 80gFiber: 3gSugar: 17gProtein: 14g
Tried this recipe? I’d love for you to leave a review about! Want to try it later? Pin it to your breakfast board using the image below!