f you’re looking for a new and delicious way to jazz up your coffee, then you need to try vanilla coffee syrup! This easy-to-make syrup is perfect for adding a touch of sweetness and flavor to your morning cup of Joe. Plus, it’s so versatile that you can use it in all sorts of drinks and recipes.
What is Vanilla Coffee Syrup?
Vanilla coffee syrup is a popular flavoring agent used in coffee and other beverages. It is made by combining vanilla extract and sugar, and sometimes other flavorings, into a syrup. The syrup is then added to coffee or other drinks to give them a sweet, vanilla flavor.
Vanilla coffee syrup can be found in most grocery stores, and it is also relatively easy to make at home. This homemade version has a more intense flavor than the store-bought syrups.
Vanilla coffee syrup is a versatile ingredient that can be used in many different ways. It can be added to hot or iced coffee, used as a topping for desserts, or even used in cocktails. Vanilla coffee syrup is a great way to add a sweet, rich flavor to any drink.
Vanilla Coffee Syrup Ingredients
To make homemade vanilla coffee syrup, you’ll only need 4-ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- White sugar-Sugar helps to extract the flavor from the vanilla beans and ensures that the syrup has the correct consistency
- Water– Vanilla beans are very porous, and they need water to plump up and extract their flavorings. Without water, the syrup would be grainy and unpleasant to drink.
- Vanilla pod– Vanilla is a flavor derived from the vanilla bean pod. The pod contains small black seeds that are responsible for the characteristic flavor and aroma of vanilla. You want to split the pod in half so that the flavors are extracted from the pod.
- Vanilla extract– This is optional since you will get enough vanilla flavoring from the vanilla pod and sugar. However, this gives your homemade syrup a more intense flavor.
How to Make Vanilla Syrup for Coffee
This recipe doesn’t take long to make, and when you’re finished, you can use the syrup for anything your heart desires. Follow the steps below!
Step 1: Boil Sugar, Water and Vanilla Pod
First, combine the sugar, water and vanilla pod in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, whisking occasionally.
Step 2: Simmer
Reduce the heat,and let the sugar water simmer for about 10 minutes. The volume will reduce by half.
Step 3: Remove the Pod
Next, turn off the stove and remove the vanilla pod. Then, stir in the optional vanilla extract.
Step 4: Let it Cool
Let the vanilla coffee syrup cool before storing it.
How to Store Vanilla Syrup
Once the syrup has cooled, transfer it to a clean glass jar, mason jar or bottle with an airtight lid.
You can store the syrup in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Vanilla Syrup Variations
Vanilla syrup is often used in conjunction with other flavorings. You can make this syrup as vanilla syrup or you can add other flavorings such as:
Is Vanilla Coffee Syrup the Same as Vanilla Extract?
Vanilla coffee syrup is a great way to add flavor to your coffee without using sugar. However, many people wonder if it is the same as vanilla extract. The answer is no. Vanilla coffee syrup is made with sugar, water, and vanilla beans, and extract. Vanilla extract is made with just alcohol and vanilla beans.
This means that vanilla coffee syrup will be sweeter than vanilla extract. Vanilla extract will also have a stronger flavor since it is concentrated. Vanilla coffee syrup can be used in many other ways besides coffee. It can be used to flavor ice cream, make Vanilla Latte, or even used in baking recipes. Vanilla extract can also be used for these things, but you may want to use less since it is concentrated.
Overall, both vanilla products are great to have in your kitchen pantry but serve different purposes.
Is Vanilla Syrup Good for Coffee?
Vanilla coffee syrup is a great way to add flavor to your coffee. It is made from Vanilla Beans and it is 100% natural. Vanilla coffee syrup has a rich, creamy flavor that is perfect for adding to coffee, lattes, or frappes. Try adding it to some of the following recipes:
- Vanilla Whipped Coffee
- Vanilla Latte
- Vanilla Iced Chai Latte
- White Chocolate Vanilla Latte
- Iced Vanilla Latte
Can I Use Vanilla Extract Instead of Syrup?
Yes, you can. Vanilla coffee syrup is great for adding a little sweetness and flavor to your morning cup of Joe. But if you’re out of vanilla syrup and need a quick substitute, vanilla extract is a good option.
Simply add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract for every 3 tablespoons of vanilla syrup the recipe calls for. Keep in mind that the flavor of the extract is more concentrated than the syrup, so you may want to start with a little less and add more to taste. And be sure to use pure vanilla extract, not imitation vanilla, for the best flavor.
Is this the same as coffee creamer?
No, this vanilla syrup is slightly different than vanilla coffee creamer. Coffee creamer is creamy and milk based with vanilla flavorings. This syrup is thick and does not contain and milk. If you use the coffee syrup you will want to probably add milk to your coffee as well. The milk is already added to the homemade vanilla coffee creamer.
Vanilla Coffee Syrup
Make homemade vanilla syrup that is perfect for coffee or other drinks!
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 Vanilla Pod, split in half
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract, optional
- Combine the sugar, water and vanilla pod in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil, whisking occasionally.
- Reduce and let simmer for about 10 minutes until the volume is reduced by half.
- Take off of the heat. Remove vanilla pod and stir in the optional vanilla extract.
- Let cool before storing it in a mason jar to keep in the fridge.
Other coffee syrups
Looking for other coffee syrups to try? I suggest:
Did you try this recipe? I’d love for you to leave a review in the recipe card above or the comments below. Want to try it later? Pin the vanilla coffee syrup image below to your favorite board!
- Chicken Corn Noodle Soup - March 29, 2023
- Key Lime Poke Cake - March 26, 2023
- Starbucks Cookie Crumble Frappuccino - March 21, 2023
Leave a Reply