Sweet and delicious pastries pair perfectly with a steaming cup of coffee. We all love a good fritter, but who has the money to buy these delicious treats all the time? Instead of breaking the bank, you can make these delicious Starbucks Apple Fritters right at home! Let me show you how to make these copycat apple fritters today.
All my moolah goes to my kids! That means there isn’t much extra for me to splurge at Starbucks. Not only that, but sometimes there just isn’t time to run there to grab anything. With that being said, I am still a huge fan of Starbucks, so I’ve decided to whip up all my favorites right here at home. These apple fritters pair perfectly with my Starbucks Maple Pecan Latte!
What’s an Apple Fritter?
Fritters are actually similar to donuts. Both are batter-based, fried desserts. The difference is how they get filled. A donut gets fried by itself and the filling is piped in later. However, a fritter is fried with its apple filling already folded into the batter. Then each is coated with a sugary glaze.
Starbucks Apple Fritters Ingredients
For this recipe, you will need ingredients for both the fritters and the sweet glaze you put on top. Get out that shopping list and jot down these ingredients:
- Apples: I use Honey Crisp apples for mine. These are sweet, red apples. If you prefer a tarter taste, you can use Granny Smith Apples instead.
- Applesauce: Applesauce goes right in the batter to really bring out the sweet flavor of the apples.
- Eggs: You’ll need a couple eggs for the fritter batter.
- Flour: You will be making fritters from scratch, so you’ll need flour for the batter.
- Baking powder: Make sure to use baking powder and not baking soda. This is what helps the dough rise and become crisp and fluffy while being fried.
- Milk: You’ll need milk for both the fritters and the glaze. Go ahead and grab another gallon.
- Flavorings: You’ll want to make sure you have cinnamon, salt, sugar, powdered sugar, and vanilla to add all the delicious flavors to your fritters.
Please scroll to the recipe card at the bottom for a full list of exact ingredients!
How to Make Copycat Starbucks Apple Fritters
These copycat apple fritters are so easy to make! Just follow the simple steps below!
Step 1: Make Fritter Batter
In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder cinnamon and salt. Make a well in the mixture and add 1/3 cup of milk, eggs and applesauce. Mix completely. Peal and dice the apples and fold into the batter.
Step 2: Fry the Fritters
In a pan or skillet, bring oil to 375°. Once oil is hot, drop 1/4 cup of batter in the oil. Let it fry on each side for 3 minutes until golden brown.
Step 3: Let Fritters Cool
Remove and let rest on paper towels to help soak up excess oil. Place fritters on a baking rack to cool.
Step 4: Make the Glaze
In a mixing bowl whisk the glaze ingredients together. Set rack of fritters on a baking sheet to catch the excess glaze while pouring glaze over the fritters. Glaze the fritters 2-3 times.
Enjoy your delicious Starbucks apple fritters with your favorite latte, cappuccino, or coffee!
Can I Make Starbucks Apple Fritters in the Air Fryer?
Absolutely! In fact, making fritters in the air fryer is actually much healthier than frying them in oil. If you have an air fryer, follow this Air Fryer Apple Fritters Recipe!
What Type of Apples Do I Need?
I like to use Honey Crisp apples when making apple fritters. However, they can also be made with Gala, Fuji, or even Golden delicious. If you want a tart flavor, use Granny Smith apples. The right apple all depends on your preference.
How Long Do I Fry Apple Fritters?
These apple fritters needs to be fried for 3 minutes on each side. So, you will fry them for a total of 6 minutes. Make sure that they are a golden brown on each side before removing them from the frying pan.
How to Store Leftover Starbucks Apple Fritters
You can store your apple fritters on the counter for 2 days. However, if you place them in an airtight container in the refrigerator, you can keep them for about 5 days.
Can I Freeze Them?
Absolutely! They kind of freeze like any of the frozen pastries you would find in the freezer section at the store. First, let them cool completely, and then place them in gallon freezer ziplock bags. They will keep for about 2 months in the freezer.
Other Starbucks Copycat Treats to Try
Looking for more Starbucks Copycats? Well, you’re in luck because I have a ton for you to try!
- Starbucks Egg Bites
- Starbucks Frappuccino Copycat
- Maple Pecan Latte Copycat
- Starbucks Keto Drink
- Strawberries and Cream Frappuccino Copycat
- Starbucks Peppermint Mocha
- Starbucks Salted Caramel Mocha Latte
- 3 honey crisp apples
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 2 cups oil
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder cinnamon and salt.
- Make a well in the mixture and add 1/3 cup of milk, eggs and applesauce. Mix completely
- Peal and dice the apples and fold into the batter.
- In a pan or skillet, bring oil to 375°. Once oil is hot, drop 1/4 cup of batter in the oil.
- Let it fry on each side for 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove and let rest on paper towels to help soak up excess oil.
- Place fritters on a baking rack to cool
- In a mixing bowl whisk the glaze ingredients together.
- Set rack of fritters on a baking sheet to catch the excess glaze while pouring glaze over the fritters.
- Glaze the fritters 2-3 times.
Other Breakfast Breads to Try
If you want some more sweet breakfast ideas, here are some of my favorites!
- Copycat Starbucks lemon Loaf
- Starbucks Pumpkin Scones
- Starbucks Copycat Cheese Danish
- Chocolate Croissants Copycat