Whenever I am craving something sweet, candy fudge is my go to especially during the holidays! Not only is fudge the perfect treat for those cravings, but its so easy to make! It’s also great for gift giving, cookie exchanges, using leftover Halloween candy or leaving out for Santa. Let me show how to make this easy candy filled fudge today!
I have to tell you, once I learned that the best fudge only requires 2 main ingredients – my mind was blown! I started making fudge as often as possible. I’ve done espresso fudge, root beer fudge, white chocolate caramel fudge and so many others.
But if I’m being honest, this candy fudge has got to be my absolute favorite! Two main ingredients and then as much candy and cookies that you can fit into one baking dish. That’s my kind of fudge!
What is Candy Fudge?
Fudge is a type of sugar candy. It is made by mixing sugar, butter, and milk while heating and cooling into a smooth creamy consistency. The texture is between a fondant or hard caramels.
Candy fudge is made with milk, melted candy, crushed Oreos, and M&Ms. The two main ingredients of this fudge are chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk.
Candy Fudge Ingredients
You don’t need anything special for this candy fudge recipe. Here’s what you need:
- 24 ounces of Chocolate Bark – melted
- 1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk – 14 ounces
- 8 Peanut Butter Cups – Store bought – or homemade, see recipe below
- 1 cup of crushed Oreo’s – mini’s
- 1/2 cup of M & M’s mini’s – more for sprinkling on top
How to Make Candy Fudge
For this delicious recipe, all you need is a microwave and a refrigerator! Follow the steps below!
Step 1 Melt the Chocolate
In a large Microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate at 15 second intervals, until completely melted, and stir until smooth.
Step 2 Mix Ingredients
Add the can of sweetened condensed milk, and stir until smooth. Break the Peanut Butter Cups in half, and add to the chocolate mixture. Add the crushed Oreo’s, and the mini M & M’s, and stir all ingredients until blended.
Step 3 Harden the Fudge
Spray an 8 X 8 pan with cooking spray, and line with Parchment paper. If you want perfect squares, use this Webake Silicone Candy Mold. Pour the Fudge into the pan, and spread smooth and even. Place the pan in refrigerator, overnight for best results.
Step 4 Serve
When ready to serve, cut in small squares, serve, and Enjoy!
Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
Want to take this recipe to the next level? Try adding homemade peanut butter cups! These are super easy to make and perfect for adding to this candy fudge recipe.
How to Store Leftovers
Obviously, fudge is a little too hard to eat when it is cold. So, once it is set, you will want to put it out at room temperature to eat it. However, its only good at room temperature for 24-hours.
To store your candy fudge, you will want to put it into an airtight container. This container can be tin or plastic. Each layer of fudge should be separated by a sheet of wax paper. Store your fudge in the refrigerator. It can be stored in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 weeks.
Can You Freeze It?
Absolutely! In fact, if you want to keep your fudge longer than a few weeks, it is recommended to store it in the freezer. Place your fudge in an airtight container or a freezer bag and place it in the freezer. Fudge lasts about 3-months in the freezer.
Gift Your Fudge
One of the best benefits of making fudge is that it is super easy to make and gift. In fact, I have gifted fudge as a Christmas gift, birthday gift, and even a Valentine’s Day gift. Let’s face it; who doesn’t love to get fudge as a gift? All I do is switch up the box depending on the occasion. Check out my Amazon box picks for gifting your fudge this year:
Other Candy Fudge Recipes
If you can’t tell by my blog, I really like fudge! In fact, I have made a variety of different kinds of fudge! Here are some of my other favorite recipes:
- White Chocolate Caramel Fudge
- Espresso Fudge
- Root Beer Fudge
- White Chocolate Pineapple Fudge
- White Chocolate Cake Batter Fudge
- 24 ounces of Chocolate Bark - melted
- 1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk - 14 ounces
- 8 Peanut Butter Cups - Store bought - or homemade
- 1 cup of crushed Oreo's - mini's
- 1/2 cup of M & M's mini's - more for sprinkling on top
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate at 15 second intervals, until completely melted, and stir until smooth.
- Add the can of sweetened condensed milk, and stir until smooth.
- Break the Peanut Butter Cups in half, and add to the chocolate mixture.
- Add the crushed Oreo's, and the mini M & M's, and stir all ingredients until blended.
- Spray an 8 X 8 pan with cooking spray, and line with Parchment paper.
- Pour the fudge into the pan, and spread smooth and even.
- Place the pan in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. When ready to serve, cut in small squares, serve, and Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 581Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 175mgCarbohydrates: 75gFiber: 3gSugar: 67gProtein: 10g
Sharing is caring! Please share this post on Pinterest for others to enjoy during the holidays.