Looking for an easy weeknight lasagna recipe? This skillet lasagna is what you need!
My all time favorite meal is my mom’s homemade lasagna. Trust me when I say – there is NOTHING like it! It is ooey and gooey and full of so much cheese! Yall, there is so much cheese. It’s ridiculous and delicious all in one. I love it, my husband loves it, and even the kids love it.
There are two downsides to mommas homemade lasagna. It takes awhile to make and she only makes it a couple times a year. We normally have a day in the kitchen just making and freezing lasagnas for upcoming holidays.
What about the days that I crave lasagna but don’t have the time to make my moms version? Because I’m going to be honest – I crave my moms lasagna A LOT! And now they we don’t live close to her, it’s up to me to make it on my own. I haven’t made it without her yet!
But this week I was craving lasagna. Ooey, gooey and extra cheese-y lasagna! I just didn’t have the time to go all out and make my moms version. So I grabbed my trusty skillet and made an easy weeknight version!
This skillet lasagna turned out SO GOOD yall! It ended up tasting just like my moms with less work! One of the things that helped was using Barilla Tomato Basil sauce. I have always loved Barilla and their sauce really made the skillet lasagna so flavorful! (Plus it’s Non-GMO now as well!) I was able to pick up the sauce at Wal-Mart.
Barilla also participates in the No Kid Hungry program which provides kids in need with healthy and nutricious foods. They teach families how to cook healthy meals and want to make ending childhood hunger a national priority.
There are two things that I know FOR SURE about this skillet lasagna recipe – that we will be adding it to our menu rotation and that momma would be proud!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pound of hamburger
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 24 oz jar of Barilla pasta sauce
- 2 cups of water
- 6-8 Barilla lasgna noodles
- ½ cup Ricotta
- 2 cups shredded mozarella
- basil for topping
- In a large skillet, over medium high heat, add the butter, onion and garlic. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the onion is translucent and soft.
- Add in the hamburger and Italian seasoning. Combine and cook until no longer pink. Drain excess fat.
- Mix in the pasta sauce and the water. Stir to combine.
- Break the lasagna noodles into thirds and add to the hamburger/pasta sauce mixture. Push down under liquid, turn down heat and cover. Allow to simmer for 15 minutes, STIRRING every 5 to make sure the noodles do not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Remove lid, add in ricotta and combine. Remove from heat, add the shredded cheese and cover. Allow cheese to melt and cool. Top with fresh basil. Serve and enjoy!
This post was sponsored by Barilla at Wal-Mart. All opinions and recipes are my own.
Like this post? Be sure to check out: