Meet your new favorite spaghetti and meatball recipe! One Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs recipe is a life-saver on busy nights. With just one pot to clean, this easy pasta dish is ready in under 30 minutes. Plus, the spaghetti and meatballs are so delicious, your family will love them!
Man oh man. Do I have recipe for you today! And hello – it’s ALL COOKED in ONE POT! Yessss. For realsies. It’s the perfect quick and easy dinner time recipe that everyone will love. Bonus points – Instant Pot and Crock pot directions are included!
What Is One Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs?
One Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs is a dish that is made by cooking the pasta, meatballs, and sauce all in one pot. This easy recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner. The best part about One Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs is that there is only one pot to clean up afterwards!
This dish can be made with any type of pasta, meatball, and sauce. Try it with your favorite ingredients and see what you come up with. One Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs is a delicious and easy way to get dinner on the table quickly!
One Pot Spaghetti and Meatball Ingredients
For this recipe, you’ll need all your spaghetti and meatball ingredients plus a few spices and seasonings to make it irresistibly delicious! Here’s what you will need:
- Garlic– Fresh garlic cloves are best, but you could also use 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- Onion– I like to dice up a sweet onion, but you can use any onion you like.
- Butter-You will need butter to saute your onion and garlic. If you want a healthier option, you could use a bit of olive oil instead.
- Chicken broth– Chicken broth is used along with the water to add flavor.
- Pasta sauce– You can use any pasta sauce you choose. I tend to use Prego, but feel free to use any brand.
- Pasta– For this recipe, I used angel hair pasta. I think it cooks better with the one pot method, but you can use any type of pasta you prefer.
- Water– You will need some extra water to really coat the pasta so that it cooks perfectly.
- Meatballs– To make this recipe quick and easy, you will use precooked frozen meatballs.
- Shredded mozzarella– Mozzarella works well in Italian dishes, but if you prefer another kind of shredded cheese, you can use that instead.
- Basil– This is totally optional, but adds a delicious garnish to your dish.
How to Make Spaghetti and Meatballs In One Pot
One Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs is a delicious and easy way to make a classic Italian dish. Follow the steps below to have dinner on the table in less than an hour!
Step 1: Saute the Garlic and Onions
First, melt the butter or oil in a large skillet. Then, add the garlic and onions and saute for 5-minutes or until fragrant.
Step 2: Add Broth and Pasta Sauce
Add the chicken broth and pasta sauce and stir. Bring it to a soft boil.
Step 3: Cook the Pasta
Next, break the angel hair pasta in half, and add it to the broth and sauce. Push the pasta down so that it is underneath the liquid. Simmer for 15-minutes, stirring every 5-minutes. Add water as needed.
Step 4: Add the Meatballs
Push down the meatballs into the liquid around the spaghetti. Simmer (covered) for another 10 minutes, or until the meatballs are cooked through.
Step 5: Garnish and Enjoy
Remove the spaghetti and meatballs from the heat. Then, add the cheese and basil and let it melt.
Serve and Enjoy!
How to Make It In the Instant Pot
If you have an Instant Pot, you can easily whip up spaghetti without having to watch it on the stove top. Follow my Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce Recipe, but instead of cooking ground beef, use the meatballs.
How to Make It In the Crock Pot
If you want to make this dish in the crock pot, you can do that too! Pour some sauce on the bottom of the slow cooker, place the meatballs on top, add more sauce, and then push down the noodles into the water and sauce. You’ll cook it on low for about 2.5 hours. If you need help, you can follow this easy Crock Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs recipe.
Side Dish Recommendations
- Homemade French Bread
- Loaded Broccoli Salad
- Avocado Wedge Salad
- Fresh Homemade Hoagie Rolls
- Crusty French Bread Rolls
Can I Use Homemade Meatballs?
Absolutely! In fact, homemade meatballs are even better in this recipe! If you have some already prepared and cooked, you can just follow the steps above. If you need a good meatball recipe, use my Easy Baked Meatballs to whip them up quickly.
Can I Use Homemade Pasta Sauce?
Of course! I love homemade pasta sauce, and it really adds a whole lot more flavor to your dish. If you already have a recipe for homemade pasta sauce, you can use it. Or, you can use this Best Homemade Pasta Sauce Recipe.
- 3 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 24 oz can of pasta sauce
- 1 package angel hair pasta
- 1-2 cups of water
- 12 meatballs, frozen
- 1-2 cups shredded mozzarella
- fresh basil for garnish
How to Store Leftovers
To store leftover One Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs, simply place the cooked pasta and meatballs in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 4 days. When you’re ready to enjoy the dish again, simply reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop until warmed through.
Can I Freeze It?
One Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs freezes beautifully, making it the perfect meal to have on hand for busy weeknights. Simply let the leftovers cool completely, then transfer them to a freezer-safe container and place it in the freezer. You can store it in the freezer for up to 4-months. When you’re ready to enjoy, simply thaw in the refrigerator overnight and reheat in the oven or on the stove.
Other One pot Recipes to Try
- One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese
- One Pot Lasagna Soup
- French Onion Dip One Pot Pasta
- Cheesy Garlic One Pot Pasta
Did you make this one pot spaghetti and meatball recipe? I’d love for you to leave a review in the recipe card above or the comments below. Want to make it later? Pin the image below to your favorite pasta board! THANK YOU For the support!