Have you ever had a cold brew with chocolate cream added? It’s amazing! The chocolate flavor is perfectly balanced with the coffee, and it’s so refreshing on a hot day. I love to make my own chocolate cream cold brew at home, and it’s really easy to do.
Cold brew coffee has to be my favorite way to drink coffee. I love that it’s easy to make a large batch and then create all kinds of fun cold brew drinks. Starbucks just released a new chocolate cream cold brew and I knew I had to recreate it at home! Good thing I had a batch of cold brew in the fridge and homemade chocolate syrup ready!
What is A Chocolate Cream Cold Brew?
Chocolate and coffee are two of the most beloved flavors in the world, so it’s no surprise that chocolate cream cold brew has become a popular beverage. This rich and creamy treat is made by combining cold brew coffee with chocolate and milk or chocolate syrup. The result is a drink that is both caffeine-packed and flavor-packed.
Chocolate cream cold brew can be enjoyed on its own or used as a base for other coffee drinks. For example, you can add a shot of espresso to create a mocha cold brew or top it with whipped cream and chocolate shavings for an indulgent treat. Whether you enjoy it plain or fancy, this delicious drink is sure to hit the spot.
Chocolate Cream Cold Brew Ingredients
For this recipe, you’ll only need a few ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cold Brew Coffee– You can buy cold brew coffee at any local grocery store. Or, you can use this cold brew recipe to make your own.
- Mocha– I used my homemade chocolate sauce, but you could also use Hershey’s chocolate syrup for a more chocolatey flavor.
- Heavy whipping cream– If you don’t have heavy whipping cream, you can make it. To make 1 cup of heavy cream, mix 2/3 cup of whole milk with 1/3 cup melted butter.
- Milk– You can use any milk you prefer. I used whole milk.
- Vanilla extract– I use pure vanilla extract, but you could use vanilla flavoring as well if you don’t have any.
- Cocoa powder– Cocoa powder adds a little extra chocolatey taste, and is used to make the cold foam for the top of the drink.
- Ice– You can’t have a cold brew without ice.
How to Make a Starbucks Copycat Chocolate Cream Iced Coffee
With pre-made cold brew coffee, this recipe is super quick and easy to whip up. Follow the steps below!
Step 1: Mix Coffee and Mocha
Step 2: Make Chocolate Cold Foam
In a large bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream, milk, vanilla extract and cocoa powder together for 4-5 minutes until soft peaks form.
Step 3: Fill the Glass
Fill your serving glasses with ice and then add the mocha-infused cold brew until the glass is full.
Step 4: Garnish With Cold Foam
Top each glass with 2-3 Tablespoons of the chocolate cold foam.
Refrigerate remaining coffee and foam until ready. Serve and Enjoy!
Other Cold Brew Recipes to Try
Do you love cold brew coffee? I know I do! Here are some other cold brew coffees to try!
Is This The Same as the Chocolate Stout Cold Brew?
There’s been a lot of talk lately about Chocolate Cream Cold Brew. Some say it’s the same as chocolate stout cold brew, while others claim it’s a completely different beverage. So, what’s the real story?
As it turns out, there is no definitive answer. Both drinks are made by infusing coffee with chocolate, but the specific ingredients and brewing methods can vary. Additionally, stout is made at Dunkin’ Donuts and Cold brew is made at Starbucks. As a result, the two drinks can taste quite different.
Chocolate stout cold brew is typically made with dark chocolate, which gives it a richer flavor. Chocolate cream cold brew, on the other hand, is usually made with milk chocolate or white chocolate, resulting in a sweeter taste. So, if you’re looking for a particular flavor profile, you’ll need to try both drinks and see which one you prefer.
What is Cold Foam?
Cold foam is a type of coffee creamer made from milk, cream, and stabilizers. It is mixed with cold coffee and served chilled. Cold foam has a light, airy texture that melts into the coffee, making it smooth and creamy.
What Do I Need to Make Chocolate Cream Cold Foam?
To make the cold foam for this recipe, you will need cocoa powder, heavy whipping cream, milk, and vanilla extract. We made it by beating it with an electric mixer, however, it can be made with an immersion blender as well.
- 6 cups Cold Brew Coffee
- 3 Tablespoons Mocha Syrup, or less to taste
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream (35%)
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1-2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- Place cold brew in a pitcher and stir in the mocha syrup. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat heavy cream, milk, vanilla extract and cocoa powder together for 4-5 minutes until soft peaks form.
- Fill your serving glasses with ice and fill with mocha-infused cold brew.
- Top each glass with 2-3 Tablespoons of the chocolate cold foam.
- Refrigerate remaining coffee and foam until ready to enjoy.
Other Copycat Starbucks Drinks to Try
Love Starbucks copycat drinks?? ME TOO! Here are some of my other favorites to make at home:
- Copycat Starbucks Iced Mocha
- Starbucks Violet Drink
- Cherry Mocha Frappuccino Starbucks Copycat
- Starbucks Strawberry and Cream Frappuccino
Did you make this recipe? I’d love for you to leave a review in the recipe card above or the comments below. Want to make it later? Pin the image below to your favorite coffee board. Either way, THANK YOU for the support!