Make pumpkin pie portable with these pumpkin pie cookies!
For the cookies
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbs pumpkin pie spice
For the icing
- 2 pound (1 bag) confectioners sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 T meringue powder
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbs water
- orange food coloring
- Using the light orange frosting, make the crust of the pie by going back forth with the piping bag. Allow it to dry.
- Using the dark orange frosting, make an outline starting from the crust all around the triangle. Allow to dry before flooding it with frosting and smoothing out.
- When the dark orange is dry, add a dollop of the white to resemble cool whip.
- Allow to dry and enjoy!
I used this meringue powder - http://amzn.to/1BSUHCK
This all natural food coloring - http://amzn.to/1uBbGKB
And these silicone baking sheets - http://amzn.to/1vWEHNK
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 6925 Cholesterol: 672mg Sodium: 467mg Carbohydrates: 1282g Fiber: 9g Sugar: 1023g Protein: 44g