These Parmesan pork chops are crispy on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside, and absolutely delicious. They’re simple to make, and the flavor is fantastic. Serve them with some roasted broccoli or asparagus for a complete meal.
We love pork for dinner! It’s a great alternative to chicken or beef and can easily be jazzed up. (Although I do love a plain juicy pork chop!) These Parmesan pork chops are just that – a jazzed up breaded pork chop that is easy enough for a busy weeknight meal.
What are Parmesan Pork Chops?
Parmesan pork chops are a delicious and easy to make dinner option. They are made by coating pork chops in Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, and Italian seasoning, then baking them in the oven. The result is a crispy, cheesy exterior with a juicy, flavorful interior. They are similar to Parmesan chicken, except you use pork chops!
Parmesan pork chops can be served with a variety of sides, such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a simple salad. Whether you are looking for an elegant dinner option or a casual weeknight meal, Parmesan pork chops are sure to please.
Bread Parmesan Pork Chops Ingredient List
For this recipe, you’ll need ingredients to season and crisp the chops. Here’s what you need for this easy weeknight meal:
- Pork chops– I use center cut pork chops, but you could use bone-in pork chops as well.
- Eggs– The eggs help the bread crumbs stick to the pork chops to make the exterior nice and crispy.
- Panko bread crumbs– Panko bread crumbs are deliciously seasoned and perfect for a crispy pork chop.
- Italian seasoning– To give flavor to the pork chops, you’ll mix the Italian seasoning with the flour.
- Flour– Flour is needed to coat the pork chop and season it. It helps the egg stick to the chop so that the bread crumbs will stick.
- Cooking oil– You can use canola oil, vegetable oil, olive oil, or even butter to fry the pork chops.
- Tomato sauce– You’ll need a little tomato sauce to make the casserole.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese– I used shredded mozzarella cheese, but you can also use fresh mozzarella here too!
How to make Parmesan Pork Chops
Once you’ve gathered all your ingredients, it’s time to make the best pork chops you’ve ever had. Follow the steps below!
Step 1: Prepare the Breading
First, place the flour in one shallow bowl and the Panko bread crumbs in a second. Beat the eggs in a third dish.
Step 2: Prep Your Dishes
Next, have a clean plate ready and also grease a 9” x 13” casserole dish and set aside. Then, stir the Italian seasoning into the flour.
Step 3: Bread the Pork Chops
Coat your pork chops in the flour, then the egg mixture, and finally the bread crumbs. Place the pork chops on the plate as you coat them.
Step 4: Fry the Pork Chops
Place 1-2 Tablespoons cooking oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, brown each pork chop for 3-4 minutes on each side. Check the internal temperature. It should be 145?.
Step 5: Preheat and Prep
Next, preheat oven to 450?. Then, scoop 2 Tablespoons of tomato sauce on each pork chop, and top with 2 Tablespoons of shredded cheese.
Step 6: Bake the Chops
Bake the pork chops for about 4 minutes until the cheese is melted and lightly browned.
Serve and Enjoy!
How to Make in the Slow Cooker
If you want to make this recipe in the slow cooker, follow the steps above up to frying the pork chop. Then, instead of placing it in the oven, put the slow cooker on high and cook in the slow cooker for 2-3 hours. Or, follow this Crock-pot Parmesan Pork Chops Recipe.
How to Make in the Instant Pot
If you want to use your Instant Pot, follow the recipe above using the searing or saute function to fry the pork chops. Then, add ¾ cup of water, and pressure cook the pork chops for 0-1 minute to melt the cheese.
Side Dish Recommendations
If you want to keep this recipe easy peasy, you can serve them with roasted veggies or salad. But, you can serve these chops with just about anything. Here are some ideas:
What Pork Chops Work Best for this Recipe?
Parmesan pork chops are a delicious and easy way to dress up your pork chops. But what kind of pork chop works best for this dish? I like to use boneless, trimmed pork chops that are about 1-inch thick. You can definitely use bone-in pork chops, but they will take a bit longer to cook. And while you could use thinner pork chops, they tend to dry out more easily. So, for the best results, go for the 1-inch thick boneless pork chops.
Can I Use Fresh Mozzarella?
Absolutely! Parmesan pork chops are a delicious and easy way to dress up your ordinary pork chop dinner. And while you can use any type of mozzarella cheese, fresh mozzarella makes these pork chops extra special. Fresh mozzarella is softer and more flavorful than its processed counterpart, so it really takes these pork chops to the next level.
More Pork Chop Recipes to Try
Love a good pork chop? I have some other great pork chop recipes you can try:
- French Onion Pork Chops
- Creamy Crock Pot Pork Chops
- Instant Pot Stuffed Pork Chops
- Instant Pot Pork Chops and Gravy
- 4 Small Pork Chops
- 2 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Cooking Oil
- 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheese
- Place the flour in one shallow bowl and the Panko bread crumbs in a second. Beat the eggs in a third dish.
- Have a clean plate ready and also grease a 9” x 13” casserole dish and set aside.
- Stir the Italian seasoning into the flour.
- Dredge each pork chop in the flour, then the egg mixture and then into the Panko bread crumbs.
- Place on a plate as you coat all of the pork chops.
- Place 1-2 Tablespoons cooking oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, brown each pork chop, about 3-4 minutes per side until an inserted thermometer reaches 145F, and then place in the prepared casserole dish.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Scoop 2 Tablespoons of tomato sauce overtop of each pork chop, then top with 2 Tablespoons of shredded cheese.
- Bake the pork chops for about 4 minutes until the cheese is melted and lightly browned.
Slow cooker instructions -
Follow the steps above up to frying the pork chop. Then, instead of placing it in the oven, put the slow cooker on high and cook in the slow cooker for 30 minutes - 1 hour.
Instant Pot instructions -
Follow the recipe above using the searing or saute function to fry the pork chops. Then, add ¾ cup of water, and pressure cook the pork chops for 0-1 minute to melt the cheese.
Did you make this recipe? I’d love for you to leave a review in the recipe card above or the comments below. Want to make it later? Pin the image below to your favorite dinner board.