If I had to pick, mojitos would be my drink of choice. They’re light, refreshing, and perfect for summer. This strawberry mojito is extra delicious—and dangerously easy to drink.
Do you love a classic mojito? Then you are in for a treat with this easy strawberry mojito recipe! It is just as simple to make as a classic mojito but with a blast of berry goodness. Grab your favorite rum and let’s make a berry mojito today!
What is a Strawberry Mojito?
A strawberry mojito is a refreshing summer cocktail that is perfect for sipping on a hot day. The drink is made with fresh strawberries, mint, lime juice, white rum, and sparkling water. To make a strawberry mojito, simply muddle the strawberries and mint together in a glass, then add the rum, lime juice, and sparkling water.
Strawberry Mint Mojito Ingredients
A strawberry mojito is a refreshing twist on the classic mojito cocktail. It features all of the traditional mojito ingredients plus some. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Mint Leaves– Fresh mint leaves really bring out the minty flavor. If you prefer, you could use a mint extract instead.
- Strawberries– Fresh strawberries have a sweeter, juicier flavor, but you could use a couple frozen strawberries instead.
- Lime Juice– Lime juice adds a tart and refreshing flavor and helps to release the flavors of the mint leaves.
- Simple Syrup– Simple syrup is merely just sugar and water boiled together. You can find it at any grocery store, usually in the baking aisle with the sweeteners.
- Light Rum– The best light rum for this recipe is Bacardi. It’s smooth and affordable, but you can use any light rum that you prefer.
- Strawberry Flavored Sparkling Water– You can find flavored sparkling water at any grocery store next to the regular waters and gatorade.
- Ice Cubes– For a cool, refreshing drink, you’ll want to add a few ice cubes.
- Garnishments– Garnishments are totally optional, but I like to garnish my drink with fresh strawberry and lime slices.
How to Make a Strawberry Mojito
No cooking involved, this Strawberry Mojito recipe is super easy to make. Follow the Steps below!
Step 1: Muddle the Mint and Fruit
First, place the mint leaves and the strawberries into your glass, and then squeeze in the fresh lime juice. Muddle all of it together.
Step 2: Add the Alcohol
Next, add in the light rum and simple syrup. Stir to combine.
Step 3: Add the Ice and Water
Add in a few ice cubes, and then top the glass off with strawberry flavored sparkling water. Stir everything to combine.
Step 4: Garnish and Enjoy
Garnish with strawberry & lime slices.
How to Make a Virgin Strawberry Mojito
A strawberry mojito is a refreshing and delicious twist on the classic mojito cocktail, but if you don’t want it alcoholic, you can make a virgin mojito. To make a virgin strawberry mojito, simply muddle fresh strawberries with mint leaves and lime juice, then add sparkling water and enjoy. If you’re feeling fancy, you can rim the glasses with sugar or garnish with strawberry slices.
Do Strawberry Mojitos Have Alcohol in Them?
Yes, this recipe does have alcohol in it. However, if you like the taste of a strawberry mojito, you can simply leave the rum out to make it a virgin drink.
Do I Need to Muddle the Mint Leaves?
Muddling releases the mint flavor into the drink, so it’s definitely worth taking the time to do it. However, if you’re in a hurry, you can skip this step and just add the mint leaves to the glass.
What is Muddling?
Muddling is a bartending technique used to release the flavors of fruits, herbs, and spices. To muddle, simply place the ingredients in a glass and crush them gently with a muddler or wooden spoon.
More Summer Drinks to Enjoy
Need another summer drink option? Try one of these:
- Watermelon Lemonade Vodka Slush
- Classic Mojito Recipe
- Boozy Strawberry Watermelon Limemade
- Key Lime Slush
- Cranberry Orange Mimosa
How to make a refreshing strawberry mojito at home!
- 6 Mint Leaves
- 2 Strawberries
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 Tbsp Simple Syrup
- 2 Ounces Light Rum
- Strawberry Flavored Sparkling Water
- Ice Cubes
- Strawberry Slice (Garnish)
- Lime Slice (Garnish)
- Place the mint leaves & strawberries into a glass.
- Squeeze in the fresh lime juice & muddle together.
- Pour in the simple syrup & the light rum.
- Add ice cubes.
- Top off with strawberry flavored sparkling water.
- Stir with a straw.
- Garnish with strawberry & lime slices.
Other strawberry recipes to try
Looking for another great strawberry recipe? I suggest:
Did you make this recipe? I’d love for you to leave a review in the recipe card above or the comments below. Want to make it later? Pin the image below to your favorite drink board! Either way, THANK YOU for the support!
- Chicken Corn Noodle Soup - March 29, 2023
- Key Lime Poke Cake - March 26, 2023
- Starbucks Cookie Crumble Frappuccino - March 21, 2023
Leave a Reply