Made with cherry pie filling and softened cream cheese, this Cherry Danishes Recipe is simple and delicious! Whether you want a quick breakfast or a delicious afternoon snack, no one will complain about these cherry cheese danishes.
Having kids means my mornings are always in a rush. Whether I have to rush out of the house or not, there’s never any time for mom to eat breakfast! I am sure every mom can relate. So, I make these delicious cherry danishes ahead of time so I have a quick, delicious breakfast I can just grab on the go. They also go perfectly with my morning cup of coffee!
What are Cherry Cheese Danishes?
If you’ve ever had a danish, you know how delicious it truly is. This multilayered, sweet cherry cheese danish recipe was a concept that was originally brought to Denmark from an Austrian baker. Made with a sugary cream cheese and topped with a cherry pie filling and fried to a crisp, these delicious treats are perfect for breakfast or anytime.
Air Fryer Cherry Danishes Ingredients
This cheese danish recipe requires only a few simple ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Crescent rolls: I always get Pillsbury crescent rolls. I find they come out the best.
- Cream cheese: You will want to allow the cream cheese to soften at room temperature. It takes about 30 minutes to fully soften.
- Cherry pie filling: The great thing about cherry pie filling is that you can easily grab a can of it in the canned good section of your local grocery store.
- Sugar: Mixed with the cream cheese, sugar is what gives your danish the sweet delicious flavor you love.
How to Make a Cherry Cheese Danishes
Using your air fryer, this recipe is a breeze to make! Just follow the simple steps below for delicious cherry cheese danishes:
Step 1: Mix Cream Cheese and Cut Dough
First, mix the cream cheese and the sugar using a hand held mixer or stand mixer until incorporated. Roll out the crescent dough, making sure to pinch the seams. Using a glass, press into the dough to make a circle. Fold up your edges to make a rim.
Step 2: Spoon Mixture onto Dough
Spoon the cream cheese mixture into the center of the dough. Top with a dollop of cherry pie filling.
Step 3: Cook in Air Fryer
Carefully place 4 danishes in the Air Fryer basket. Do not overcrowd the basket! Cook for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Do not flip or shake the basket at the halfway point.
Remove, allow to cool and enjoy!
Can I Use Other Fruit?
Absolutely! In fact, you can find a variety of different types of pie fillings in a can. So, if you aren’t fond of cherries, you can go with a fruit you do enjoy such as apple pie filling or blueberry pie filling.
Can I Use Homemade Pastry Dough?
If you really want to make these pastry danishes even more delicious, you can make homemade pastry dough instead of using premade crescent rolls.
Other Cheese Danish Recipes to Try
If you enjoy a good cheese danish, I have other recipes you may enjoy as well. Check them out, below!
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- Mix the cream cheese and the sugar using a hand held mixer or stand mixer until incorporated.
- Roll out the crescent dough, making sure to pinch the seams.
- Using a glass, press into the dough to make a circle. Fold up your edges to make a rim.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture into the center of the dough.
- Top with a dollop of cherry pie filling.
- Carefully place 4 danishes in the Air Fryer basket. Do not overcrowd the basket!
- Cook for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Do not flip or shake the basket at the halfway point.
- Remove, allow to cool and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 danish
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 381Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 326mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 6g
How to Store Leftovers
If you want to keep your danishes fresh for 24 to 48 hours, there’s a little process you will need to do. First, cover your pastries individually with plastic wrap. You want the wrap to be as tight as possible without squishing your pastries. Then, put them in a paper bag. Finally, place the paper bag in a ziplock, squeezing the air out.
Can I Freeze Them?
To keep your pastries for up to 3 months, you will want to freeze them. To freeze your danishes, let them cool first. Then, wrap them in plastic wrap as stated above and then into a freezer ziplock bag.
Other Breakfast Recipes to Try
These cherry cheese danishes are perfect for breakfast, but if you want a variety, here are some other quick and easy breakfast recipes to try:
- Mexican Breakfast Casserole
- Cheesy Bacon Breakfast Casserole
- Sausage Gravy Breakfast Sandwich
- Italian Breakfast Sandwich