Hey friend! I am so excited to share our gender reveal with you today. Let’s not worry that I am in the last month of this pregnancy and we did the reveal at the half way point. I have been saving this long enough!
We did our gender reveal over Easter weekend. We went to church, hunted for eggs, went to my parents, looked for more eggs, ate lunch and THEN started our gender reveal project. I wanted the older two kiddos to do the revealing and I would stand back and take the pictures.
Sounds peachy, right?
Of course, it didn’t go as planned and everyone ended up covered in paint. But that’s ok! It all washed out (for the most part) and we ended up with a sweet memento from the day. Plus, we are having a….
BOY! We are adding another Grant boy to the mix! Avery is excited to be a big brother and Ryley is excited to hold the baby. As long as he doesn’t need a new diaper or to be fed. She’s been very specific on that. Avery says he will give his new little brother toys. Not his toys. New baby toys.
Here are a few details on our Easter egg gender reveal:
- I saved eggs for two weeks for the gender reveal. I had a dozen or so stashed away. Ryon threw them in the trash because he didn’t know what I had planned. DOH.
- I was able to save up 6 more eggs before Easter.
- We used different color blue Apple Barrel acrylic paint in the eggs and added a little bit of water to them. Then glued tan tissue paper over the tops.
- I snagged a fairly large canvas at Michaels for around $7 the week before. Yesss!
- We set the canvas against the fence and told the kids to have at it. The chunked the eggs at the canvas with all their might.
- Everyone had some amount of blue paint on them at the end. It came off pretty easily in the washer.
- When the paint dried the canvas looked awesome! We are going to hang it in the babies room for sure!
Also, we don’t have a name picked out yet. We had a boy and girls name before we found out the gender. When we found it was a boy I thought of at least 3 other names that I liked! We may have to meet this little guy before we officially have a name.
That’s normal, right?! My in-laws are calling him baby Tex for now. Which is very sweet. In less then a month we will get to meet baby Tex. WE ARE SO EXCITED!
Did you do a gender reveal with any of your kids? I didn’t with my first two. They weren’t a “thing” 5 and 6 years ago. A lot of things have changed in that time!