Hey y’all! I’m Jana from a Drop at a Thyme. Kelley has been so kind to offer up her space during her series on natural living so that I can share a little bit of my story. I’m excited to say that in July I decided to start making baby steps towards a more natural and healthy lifestyle. I have gone about it a little bit differently than some, but regardless I’m loving the changes.
In June , I attended an introduction to essential oils class. A headache sufferer clung to hope that I could naturally relieve headaches. I was one of those people that for no real reason refused to take medicine even 24 hours into a headache. I often let my headaches fester well into the 48 hour mark before hitting the medicine cabinet. So if I could find something natural to give me relief sooner than I would be a happy girl!
And a happy girl I am! Since starting to use essential oils back in July I have been able to take even less pain medication and have also had relief far sooner than normal. After receiving my premium kit from Young Living I was pretty excited to get my first headache. I mean who gets excited about having a headache? But I was because I just had to see if it worked!
I’m happy to report it did work and all I had to do was open the bottle and take a whiff. That’s it. I didn’t have to apply the oils at all or use my precious drops…at least not for that particular headache. This is my first step with every headache. I first test to see if simply smelling it will do.
So there are 4 ways to use Young Living essential oils and it’s important to note that one of these ways in particular it is important that you don’t do with just any oil.
- Inhale – An aroma inhaled causes the olfactory nerve to send messages to the limbic part of the brain which activates thought and memory. Hence, in less than a second, a scent has the power to activate a number of physical and emotional responses. Right there is the pituitary gland that is stimulated to release chemical messages that travel via the blood to glands and organs that create physical body responses. Hence, in less than a second, a scent has the power to activate a number of physical and emotional responses.
- Topically – Neat or Diluted. Because of their molecular structure, essential oils are rapidly absorbed by the skin in 20 seconds into the blood stream. There are vitaflex points on the foot that activate their reflex.
- Diffused – When diffused, they provide air purification by removing metallic particles and toxins from the air; increasing atmospheric oxygen; increasing ozone and negative ions in the area, which inhibits bacterial growth; destroying odors from mold, cigarettes, animals, ; and filling the air with a fresh aromatic scent.
- Internally – Using Young Living Oils in a vegetable capsule can saturate tissue quickly. You can also drop in raw honey, in water or on bread. Kids do well with it buried in raw honey or in a spoonful of olive oil or coconut oil. Again, I stress that this ONLY applies to Young Living essential oils.
“I tried peppermint and it didn’t work for me!”
Sometimes oils do not work as well because receptor sites on our cells need cleaned. As we clean up our diets, it is a process, our bodies become more receptive to holistic remedies such as oils. Things like petroleum waxes, petrochemicals, and the chemicals from food additives and hygiene products can all block the receptor sites which means oxygen and nutrients have a hard time penetrating the cells. Essential oils may also have to work harder to be beneficial to the cells, but they will get there. Another thing to note is that all of our bodies are different and therefore we all react to essential oils differently. You also need to look into the root cause of your headaches.
Earlier I mentioned that peppermint oil works for me, but guess what? Not every single time. Why is that? A lot of the times it has to do with the root cause of my headache. When I have a sinus headache peppermint oil won’t touch it for some reason and I have to apply lavender over my sinuses instead. I also discovered two months ago that I was having awful hormonal migraines and peppermint wouldn’t touch those either. Once I realized what it was I was able to start using Progessence Plus and now I am not experiencing hormonal migraines.
If you are interested in purchasing Young Living peppermint essential oil or learning even more about essentials oils then please come visit my website or give me a shout!
A Drop at a Thyme – Facebook – Instagram – Twitter – Email
The statements made on this page have not been evaluated by the FDA. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.
- Chicken Corn Noodle Soup - March 29, 2023
- Key Lime Poke Cake - March 26, 2023
- Starbucks Cookie Crumble Frappuccino - March 21, 2023
Thanks for having me today!!
My pleasure Jana! Such a great post!
Jenn @ Party of One says
Love this! I use Peppermint Oil all the time for my headaches but I’ve never though of anything other than rubbing it on my temples- I’ll have to try these techniques, too! Thanks so much for sharing!! I’m going to need to look into the young living oils!
Thanks Jenn! I just bought Peppermint this past week. I haven’t had to use it, but I’m ready when a headache comes my way! I buy all my oils from Jana! She’s the best!